Health and Wellness
Covenant nurtures good health - spiritual and physical - through a ministry of wellness and fitness. Our Health & Wellness ministry offers programs several times throughout the year on topics related to physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
New series begins in March
Join us for a Wednesday night series open to all at 6:30 p.m. in FH207. Drop-ins are welcome. For details, contact Parish Nurse Mary Mattiacci.
What it's all about: "Folks of all ages can be proactive in decisions about how they want to live. It’s not as difficult and certainly not as depressing as they might think to discuss end of life issues.
We need to look at how we treat our elders -- and we need to be prepared for when we become those elders. We also can provide confidence and comfort for our families should they need to make decisions for us. It's best if they understand what we want." - Mary Mattiacci, Parish Nurse
- Session One, March 8 - We'll watch the film "On Being Mortal" based on the book by Atul Gawande.
- Session Two, March 15 - Tanise Love and Bobbie Meisenheimer will share their stories on organ donation and heart transplants.
- Session Three, March 22 - Ken Garfield, former Observer religion editor, will speak on "Always Leave Them Laughing: How to Write Your Own Obituary."
- Session Four, March 29 - Dr. Randy Schiller and Mary Ann Miller will speak on informing our loved ones about our health wishes.
- Session Five, April 5 - Attorney Kim Gossage will share her expertise in legal matters surrounding healthcare and end of life decisions, including living wills and powers of attorney.